We provide nutrition therapy in-person and virtually for
- Adults, Adolescents, and Children
- Eating disorders including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, avoidant restrictive food intake disorder, other specified eating disorders, night eating syndrome, and pica
- Disordered eating caused by addiction, chronic dieting and psychological conditions
- Weight and body image concerns
- Nutrition related health conditions including digestive disorders, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, food allergies
- General wellness
- Sports Nutrition
This is a list of our most common categories of treatment. If you are seeking a different type of nutrition therapy please contact us for more information. If we do not treat your condition we would be happy to provide a referral to a trusted colleague in our community.
- 90 minute individual initial consultation$200.00
- 110 minute family or couple initial consultation$265.00
- 55 minute follow up$150.00
- 45 minute follow up$135.00
- 30 minute follow up$100.00
- Out of office sessions$250.00Restaurants/Grocery store/Home
- All sessions are available remotely via video or phone
– Sliding scale rates available on an individual basis and subject to availability Inquire here
At this time Balance Nutrition Counseling, PLLC does not accept insurance. We are able to provide a superbill (a medical receipt) that may be submitted to your insurance provider for possible reimbursement. Melissa Giovanni, MS, RDN, LDN is an out-of-network provider for all insurance companies. If your insurance benefits cover nutrition-counseling services please ensure that you ask if they cover out-of-network providers. Below are some questions that you can ask your insurance company to find out if our services will be covered.
- Are nutrition services covered? If so, how many sessions are covered per year?
- If nutrition services are covered, are they covered if provided by a LDN?
- Are out-of-network providers/dietitians covered? If not, is it possible to go through a pre-approval process to get coverage?
- Are there specific medical diseases or diagnosis that are covered by your insurance for nutrition services?
- What percentage of my nutrition bill is covered by insurance? Is there a co-pay?
- Do I need a referral or approval from a Primary Care Physician in order to receive nutrition services coverage?