Frequently Asked Questions
Do you take insurance?
We are currently out of network with all insurance companies. Therefore we do not file with insurance and are private pay. We can provide you with a superbill (a medical receipt) to submit to your insurance company for potential reimbursement.
Here are some helpful questions to ask your insurance company if you would like to find out what they will cover:
- Are nutrition services covered? If so, how many sessions are covered per year?
- If nutrition services are covered, are they covered if provided by a LDN?
- Are out-of-network providers/dietitians covered? If not, is it possible to go through a pre-approval process to get coverage?
- Are there specific medical diseases or diagnosis that are covered by your insurance for nutrition services?
- What percentage of my nutrition bill is covered by insurance? Is there a co-pay?
- Do I need a referral or approval from a Primary Care Physician in order to receive nutrition services coverage?
Can I use a Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account to pay for services?
Yes, you can typically use these cards to pay for sessions.
How frequently do you meet with clients?
This is highly individualized and depends on a variety of factors. Typically clients are seen weekly or bi-weekly, however there are also clients that are seen every 3 weeks, 1x per month or less frequently. Overall length of nutrition services will also depend on a variety of factors and is individualized.
Do you offer telehealth sessions in other states?
Yes, we are able to provide nutrition services in other states. It depends on laws in those states, we are happy to look into if it is possible when you contact us.