We provide nutrition therapy for
- Adults, Adolescents, and Children
- Eating disorders including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, avoidant restrictive food intake disorder, other specified eating disorders, night eating syndrome, and pica
- Disordered eating caused by addiction, chronic dieting and psychological conditions
- Weight and body image concerns
- Nutrition related health conditions including digestive disorders, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, food allergies
- General wellness
This is a list of our most common categories of treatment. If you are seeking a different type of nutritional therapy please contact us for more information. If we do not treat your condition we would be happy to provide a referral to a trusted colleague in our community.
- 90 minute individual initial consultation$175.00
- 110 minute family or couple initial consultation$250.00
- 55 minute follow up$130.00
- 45 minute follow up$115.00
- 30 minute follow up$90.00
- Out of office sessions$200.00Restaurants/Grocery store/Home
- All sessions are available remotely via video or phone
At this time Balance Nutrition Counseling, PLLC does not accept insurance. We hope to accommodate and accept insurance soon. We are able to provide a superbill (a medical receipt) that may be submitted to your insurance provider for possible reimbursement. Melissa Giovanni, MS, RDN, LDN is an out-of-network provider for all insurance companies. If your insurance benefits cover nutrition-counseling services please ensure that you ask if they cover out-of-network providers. Below are some questions that you can ask your insurance company to find out if our services will be covered.
- Are nutrition services covered? If so, how many sessions are covered per year?
- If nutrition services are covered, are they covered if provided by a LDN?
- Are out-of-network providers/dietitians covered? If not, is it possible to go through a pre-approval process to get coverage?
- Are there specific medical diseases or diagnosis that are covered by your insurance for nutrition services?
- What percentage of my nutrition bill is covered by insurance? Is there a co-pay?
- Do I need a referral or approval from a Primary Care Physician in order to receive nutrition services coverage?